Who is eligible to apply for Medi-Pak®?
Why should I apply online?
What will I need to complete an online application?
When should I expect my application to be processed?
Is this application secure?
- Arkansas residents: Only Arkansas residents with Medicare Part A
and Medicare Part B coverage are eligible to apply for Medi-Pak. Residents
of other states may visit the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
site for information about Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance companies
serving other states. If you receive Medicaid payments other than payment toward your Medicare Part B
premium, you are not eligible to apply for Medi-Pak.
- Your application will be entered into our underwriting system faster and more accurately.
- Your application will be complete. You will be required to answer every question
before you can submit the application online.
- You will have confirmation that your application has been received.
- After you have submitted your online application, you can print a paper copy for your records.
- You will need several pieces of information to complete this application,
so you might want to gather the following information before you start:
- Your Medicare card;
- Your Social Security number;
- Names and addresses of physicians you have visited;
- Dates and reasons for doctor visits or hospitalizations;
- Names of any prescription medications you have taken and/or are currently taking;
- Your date of birth.
- Depending on the connection speed of your computer and the medical history you provide us,
it may take from 10 to 20 minutes to complete the Medi-Pak online application.
If you are in your open enrollment, there is no medical underwriting. Therefore,
the application process should take no more than two to three weeks – from the time
you complete your online application until you receive your Medi-Pak ID card.
If you are not in your open enrollment, the application process may take four
to eight weeks, since we may have to request medical records as a part of our
underwriting. It is possible that your application may be rejected. Therefore,
it is very important that you keep any current coverage in effect until we
notify you that your application has been approved.
For protection of your personal information, this section of our site uses 128-bit
encryption. Your information is protected by a "secured session" using Secure Socket
Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption technology. SSL is the industry-standard security
protocol for encoding sensitive information. Your internet browser can tell you
whether or not you are in a Website secured by SSL technology by the presence of
a padlock in the address bar at the top of your browser's window. If the lock
is closed or the key is unbroken, you are in a secure section of your host's